280z center gauges

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill take a look at my Z

IIRC, Each gauge should have a bracket on it with threaded studs sticking out. Those studs go into a bracket in the back of the dash and wingnuts hold the gauges in.

IIRC, Each gauge should have a bracket on it with threaded studs sticking out. Those studs go into a bracket in the back of the dash and wingnuts hold the gauges in.

No wingnuts on a 280...

The panel that holds the a/c controls needs to drop down. The bracket that holds each gauge is held in by a small phillips head screw at the bottom of the gauge that is visible once you drop the a/c panel. I use a short screwdriver to take out those screws. Then you can pop the gauges out.

that black bar is the part that the "brace" from the dash itself latches onto. each pod has a brace that straps from the top of the inner dash to the bottom with a small phillips screw .. when you take the middle vent with the map light section off you can access each of the screws to the particular guage.

that black bar is the part that the "brace" from the dash itself latches onto. each pod has a brace that straps from the top of the inner dash to the bottom with a small phillips screw .. when you take the middle vent with the map light section off you can access each of the screws to the particular guage.

I must be missing that then ???

76696f6d.jpg