510 wiring hell

so i just traded my 1986 toyota corolla for a 1971 datsun 510.......... i have been working on the car since before i got it( it was a buddies of mine) and i cant get any of the lights to work........ the gas & temp gauge dont work, headlights dont work, there are no turn signals, and the dash lights dont work........ the car is aewsome, but i cant drive it at night which bumbs me....... is there anyone locally that can help me figure this hell out? im willing to pay, but im kinda tight on money, so i cant take it to a shop........ please help????

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was the fuse box swapped recently? Let use know as there are different types and if wrong light wont come on.

Ck the fuse box with test light to see if power to the fuse box.

if yes then use test light. ground alligatoer end and put pointy end at lamp connector. there should be power to all 3 prongs on the low beam lamp. if you have power then its the switch or power loss thru the relay

was the fuse box swapped recently? Let use know as there are different types and if wrong light wont come on.

Ck the fuse box with test light to see if power to the fuse box.

if yes then use test light. ground alligatoer end and put pointy end at lamp connector. there should be power to all 3 prongs on the low beam lamp. if you have power then its the switch or power loss thru the relay

thanks, yea i havent really gotten into it, and im kinda afraid to....... but ill get my tools from my buddy and get right on that. i still would like someone locally to come check it out...... its kinda a mess.....

Hey red its Joe. bring it over and we can follow how my 510's is setup and shit

hey whats up. well if i knew where you lived, i would. lol but im about to take it to sac tomorrow and have mi padre help me with it. hes damn good at wiring, but if i dont go, ill give you a call....... btw, my phone is off for a bit..........