84 720 king cab ?

jjs6996

hello anyone and everyone,

I am looking at gettingthis little 84 datsun nissian 720 kingcab. its in great shape for the price, i think. but i want to know from owners of these trucks how good theyare? everything about the truck, trans, suspension, and the engine type and what i can do to get good gas, yet to fix it up a little( my newa web site that you couldput differeant eng. head, rod, etc combinations together dont remember what it was). or do sertenengine swaps. i had a buddythat had a 70s king cab and it ran great never had any problems. this one is a never one so not sure about the power, performance, somg regs... nothing. I would greatly appriciate any useful knowlage you can share with this noob.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

jjrolleyes.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 720s are alright. The good news is that if it's survived this long then someone has been looking after it. The Z series motors, in particular the Z24 tend to blow the head gasket every 100K. Nissan addressed this problem by having the headbolts loosened one at a time (in no order) and re-torqued to 60 ft lbs at every tune up. Most owners aren't the original and or don't know this. If the oil is changed regularly and anti freeze every two years the motor will last for many 100Ks. Keep the cooling system in good shape and never allow it to overheat and you should have few problems.

Most 720s end up scrapped because the owners didn't look after them. They over heat and the head gasket blows or the head gasket blows and they give up on it.

The 720s are alright. The good news is that if it's survived this long then someone has been looking after it. The Z series motors, in particular the Z24 tend to blow the head gasket every 100K. Nissan addressed this problem by having the headbolts loosened one at a time (in no order) and re-torqued to 60 ft lbs at every tune up. Most owners aren't the original and or don't know this. If the oil is changed regularly and anti freeze every two years the motor will last for many 100Ks. Keep the cooling system in good shape and never allow it to overheat and you should have few problems.

Most 720s end up scrapped because the owners didn't look after them. They over heat and the head gasket blows or the head gasket blows and they give up on it.