5 speed Transmission for A 14 engine

Hello every one!!!

I am looking for 5 speed transmission for A-14 engine. My 520 has a 4 speed that makes the engine run very high in rpms. I think the engine came from a B 210. If any one has a transmission that want to sell let me know.

Thanks..

Juan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

520s came with and over head valve J series motor that looks just like the A series.

Look like but isn't the same, and an A-series trans won't work if it really is a J-series. Easiest way to tell is the location of the oil filter:

J13.JPG

That's a J13.

If it IS a J-series, your only real recourse is change the rear end gears to something not quite as tall as the 4.88s it has now. I have 4.375s in my 520 and it's pretty nice, but I also have a bigger (J15) engine that handles it.

Look like but isn't the same, and an A-series trans won't work if it really is a J-series. Easiest way to tell is the location of the oil filter:

J13.JPG

That's a J13.

If it IS a J-series, your only real recourse is change the rear end gears to something not quite as tall as the 4.88s it has now. I have 4.375s in my 520 and it's pretty nice, but I also have a bigger (J15) engine that handles it.

Thanks for writing.

One of the truck's owers a long time ago change the engine and the trasmission. That is why I am looking for a A 14 transmission.

Juan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.