620 KC leaf spring suggestions

Ukrarex

I recently bought a 79 620 kc, and the ride quality i just to saggy and soft for my taste, the previous owner changed the shocks not long ago but it still bounces around and leans in turns. I was thinking of getting the addco sway bars front and rear, and upgrading the rear leaf suspension. The rear is siting on a drop block, i would like to keep the drop but if its hindering the ride quality i will take it away. I was also looking trough summit racing and thinking about getting a set of afco racing springs with higher spring rate, would that be something that would fit with out any modification to the chassy? (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AFC-20228LW/) Any suggestions would be much appreciated

DSCF4850-1.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the block alone is the problem. Likely they also yanked out most of the leaves. Most KCs have 5 leaves plus the overload. You can always replace the springs with unmolested ones, I'm sure someone wants those mush springs, but it's going to raise the rear back up a bit.

Uh yeah that explains alot, it has only 2 leaves. I havent dealt to much with leave spring suspensions but sense replacement parts for the 620 are rare , are there any after market leaf springs that would fit. Cause i would like to just replace them with a new parts so i dont have to worry about them for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

one thing you might be able to do is get a set of springs from a 4x4 720. theyll bolt right in and dont have the big arch that a 2wd spring would have. theyre more flat. i bet you could get away with putting the block back on too. the 4x4 leafs will probably be at the same arch as the 2 you have on the truck, but youll have more leafs to hold up the load.