carb help

PLEASE ANY INFO!......I have a 82 Datsun 720 and a 83 Datsun 720 and both of them will not idle very well they run good some days and some days I think Im not gonna make it home. Can any one help me find a new or better carb or is there something I need to know about these trucks. I have not had them very long and they are the first Datsuns I have owned. I have heared the 720s dont get as much love as the other datsuns but PLEASE any info will help. Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE ANY INFO!......I have a 82 Datsun 720 and a 83 Datsun 720 and both of them will not idle very well they run good some days and some days I think Im not gonna make it home. Can any one help me find a new or better carb or is there something I need to know about these trucks. I have not had them very long and they are the first Datsuns I have owned. I have heared the 720s dont get as much love as the other datsuns but PLEASE any info will help. Thanks

Get a DGV weber

That's expensive? Ever priced a remanned Hitachi? A new Weber at $250 is still less than the parts-store price for a Malaysian-rebuilt Hitachi that still doesn't work- when you can find them. Sure, you can find $50 used Webers but they more than not need a rebuild kit and get all the jets and passages cleaned out from dried varnish (and Weber rebuild kits ARE expensive compared to the Hitachi kit... and there's less in them).