Spindles Forged or Cast ?

BlackWidow

Hello all

I am trying to figure out if the Datsun 510 spindles are forged or cast. I need to do some welding on them and i do see there is weld from the factory so i am under the belief that they are forged. I read somewhere that some people have cut the strut tube off the spindles and have had a machine shop remove the left over strut tube and weld to weld in different strut tubes. Anyway if anyone can help i would appreciate it. Thanks

Mike G

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have replaced my stock struts with 280zx struts so i have my stock struts and spindles sitting by idle. Well i am a big dwarf car fan and those cars use a modified toyota spindle. the toyota spindles and hubs a 4x4.5 just like the stock 510. I want to build a set of dirt track spindles for a dwarf car using the 510 spindles i have cut the strut tube off and used a hole to open the bottom of the spindle to 1 3/4. I plan on sliding a 1 3/4 .250 wall tube through the whole and weld out both sides. in the image you can see that the tube will slide in perfectly and give me a nice tight fit. i need to weld both side of the tube out to the stock spindle. I will be able to use the hubs and disc brake setup on my dwarf car and not have to hunt down toyota parts.

cid__0418001317.jpg