Mikuni Dual 40PHH Sidedrafts & Cannon Intake, L18 w/W53 head

ALL SOLD

Selling some parts that I don't plan to use any more and need the money for VQ parts. If you have questions or want additional pictures just ask. If you don't like the price, but you're interested in them, then send me a PM. If you don't like the price and you're just looking, then take a hike ;)

I have a set of dual Mikunis and Cannon manifold. They were working on an L18 a couple years ago, but even then I would say they needed a rebuild and tuning (bogged if you stabbed the gas, but were okay if you accelerated like a grandma). According to this page it looks like they are Type T which apparently has a couple NLA gaskets...but uses the normal parts otherwise...? Maybe those two NLA gaskets can be cut from some gasket blank or just put together with some gasket maker, or sourced elsewhere - I'm not sure. Mainly they are just dirty with some oxidation. They would clean up well if done during a rebuild, but assembled it would be pretty difficult and I don't plan to use them so I don't want to tear them down myself. There are some chingered screw heads, a missing nut on the left carb's butterfly shaft, and a ding in one corner of the intake manifold which shouldn't really affect anything - perhaps some light filing/sanding if anything. I also have some Vance & Hines air filters to throw in with them (I think they need velocity stacks to mount, though). I try to be as honest as possible and note any problems that I am aware of. If you need more info/pictures I will help to the best of my ability within reason. I'm asking $325 shipped, OBO. Pictures can be seen here:

http://www.objext.com/mikuni/

I've also got an EI matchbox dizzy for sale. I bought it thinking I'd put it on my L18, but have different engine plans now. I have not personally used it but it appears to be in decent condition, albeit a little dirty. Comes with pedestal, cap, rotor, ignition module (missing one easy to find mounting screw), yada yada. I'll take some pics if someone is interested. Asking $55 shipped. SOLD

PENDINGI'd also be willing to sell my L18, but for local pickup only (would have to schedule a time, most likely on a weekend, as the motor is at my mom's up in Arroyo Grande, CA). I believe it has a W53 head IIRC. It ran, didn't smoke as far as I recall. Probably could use a reseal. Here's a pic:PENDING

IMG_2131.jpg

ALL SOLD

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also be willing to sell my L18, but for local pickup only (would have to schedule a time, most likely on a weekend, as the motor is at my mom's up in Arroyo Grande, CA). I believe it has a W53 head IIRC. It ran, didn't smoke as far as I recall. Probably could use a reseal. Here's a pic:

IMG_2131.jpg

How much for the engine?

*shrug* For $250 you can take the engine, 4sp trans, clutch/fw, exhaust mani, alt, starter - basically anything engine related. I also have a long (I think) header that can go with it. Buy the intake & carbs with it and I'll sell the whole setup for $500, or make me an offer.