L20b Engine Dieseling

motavated

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I connected the solenoid and it only trembles once sometimes.

Now... How do I set up the choke? Is it supposed to stay open when off and warm. Or closed when off and warm? Ideas????

What about when cold and off? Is the choke supposed to stay closed right and or close slowly from a warm car?

Thanks!

YEAH! I decided to take apart my choke/heater relay and it was pretty rusted. I cleaned it up and brushed off all the rust. Now I get 14.5 volts on both the choke wire and the anti diesel solenoid. THANKS YALL! But still sceptically if I installed the solenoid correct...

Install jet like so and screw on?

43914060ba.jpg

Guess I am done!

So the solenoid wire gets power at all times and gets no power when off. BUT! The choke wire gets no power at all. Something is wrong here...

Idle cut is only on with the ignition.

Electric choke is only on when engine running. This is to prevent the choke heating on a cold motor if it stalls while you are in getting a second coffee. If it warmed up and turned off you would have a hard time re-starting a cold motor. You could wire into the idle cut circuit if you can't get it to work.

Idle cut is only on with the ignition.

Electric choke is only on when engine running. This is to prevent the choke heating on a cold motor if it stalls while you are in getting a second coffee. If it warmed up and turned off you would have a hard time re-starting a cold motor. You could wire into the idle cut circuit if you can't get it to work.

Nah, I got both of them working. Still diesels though. I did all I can and I give up. :D

he just intalled the fuel cut solenoid... to engage choke i have to depress throttle bofore starting, the idle will be gigher until i touch the throttle again (didnt know if you know).

i still think there could be a vacuum leak. it can come from anywhere.

places that come to mind;

carb to intake gasket

intake to head

vacuum lines

brake booster

vacuum advance on dizzy.

(not sure about 620) heater control head (if vac opperated, my 720 is all cable)

i had a vacuum leak once.. then twice where my carb bolts to the adapter plate. i found it when i put my hand on the carb to lean over and check something (the idle came down) just put some loctite on studs then reinstalled... presto.. dont throw in the towel

Well I did have some leaks that I fixed. The fuel return line in the cab was leaking and I changed it. The vacuum advance line was burned by the manifold and replaced. Also the booster line connects to the intake, that "tube" has an extra line that need to be plugged. I'll post a video tomorrow. But I sound like a dumb ass....

i thought of this right before i fell asleep last night. when i blew my head gasket water got in #3 and #4 and i drove it home. i knew the gasket was blown had no other choice. when i pulled the head off the #3 and #4 were super f-ing clean from steam. i steam cleaned my hot spots off. no carbon buildup=no hotspots=no runon

pop air filter off of warm engine set idle higher or control with hand and squirt some water in there with a spray bottle a little at a time.(dont try without somebody like datzen mike saying something here) i would imagine sea foam would do the same thing if not better.

• 3 weeks later...