280 5 speed tranny

MY 72 510. I need a tranny mount for that, for some reason i misplaced the one i had. It has the 280 5 speed tranny, what mount will work? The original 4 speed mount or the 280 5 speed mount? And if any one has one I'm willing to buy it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's guys? What is the solution to a tranny mount from a 4spd to a 280 5spd, a typical swap? Mod? Thats cool, who has a pix? Should be simple, right. Help me out.Or who has a mount that that was used on their former swap and now has a k swap.

Driveshafts done, cut and shortened, and installed. all i need now is the tranny mount. so if u or any one has done this before, i need a already mod mount or specs on how to mod it. It's a typical swap and shoudnt be so complicated to get the answer. L18 motor wit a 5spd 280 tranny. Typical swap, just need the tranny mount info, and thanks for the response, any info is appresiated.

Dime Quarterly Volume 9 Issue 2: Tech How-To: 5-Speed Transmission Adapters -- Installing a 5-speed transmission in a Datsun 510 can be made easy. We can't help with the lifting, but Randy York shows you how to build adapters to mount that 5-speed transmission to your 510 using the stock 4-speed crossmember.