relay?

Braden

hey anybody know where the auto choke reay is located on a 77 620? also if the coolant temp switch is bad will it cause the choke not to work? id dint know if it was part of that circuit or if it just worked the gauge, it seems as if my choke doesnt work, although i am getting power to it with the ignition on. damn i hate this electric choke shit, why cant the hitachi have starters like the mikunis?????!!!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The auto choke heater is located on the pass side inner fender under a cover to the rear of the voltage regulator. It is ON as long as the alternator is making power (engine turning) and the ignition on. It is in no way connected to or run by a water temperature sender or switch.

Check for power on the Blue wire going to the choke heater at back of carb. It should only be on when motor running.

The heater may be working but the choke linkage is sticky. Hold the throttle open 1/2 and spray WD-40 on all linkages around and below the choke while working them and the choke plate open and closed by hand.

The auto choke heater is located on the pass side inner fender under a cover to the rear of the voltage regulator. It is ON as long as the alternator is making power (engine turning) and the ignition on. It is in no way connected to or run by a water temperature sender or switch.

Check for power on the Blue wire going to the choke heater at back of carb. It should only be on when motor running.

The heater may be working but the choke linkage is sticky. Hold the throttle open 1/2 and spray WD-40 on all linkages around and below the choke while working them and the choke plate open and closed by hand.

i have doen all of the above,the choke gets power just fine but if i adjust it to close when it gets power then the sum bitch never opens up, and vice versa, if i adjusted it to just barely open when it is warm, it never closes when its cold, i have adjusted and adjusted and tried again and still not shit, also it seems as though i have to drive it for about 5 minutes before the circuit starts working anyways, as of now it will close just enough to notice an unusual idle but not really enough at first to warm the truck up its only after i drive it prob 5 miles, i have also played with the idle circuit screw on the carb with no success, i have adjusted it in and out in varying places to see if it had any effect with no results

Sounds like the heating element isn't heating up when power applied. The movement, however slight, is from engine heat when it warms up. This isn't nearly hot enough to fully open it when it's set right for cold start up.