Parting out '85 720

Gonna make room for a much more rare project.

Very willing to ship anything at buyers expense.

Got just about everything except hood and passenger fender.

Straight doors - $50 OBO

Running Z24 w/ 5 sp tranny completely stock - $300 OBO

All suspension parts - Make offer

Some good interior stuff - Make offer

Let me know guys... got a good line on a 2dr 510 if I can get rid of the 85 to make room!

Thanks!

Madison

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

I'd like the upper control arm links (shaft they pivot through with 2 bolt holes). Wondering if you could give me an approximate measurement on the center to center of those bolts. Need to know if an 85 720 will work, or if it's too new to swap onto my 620 for a disc brake swap using Beebani's UCA's. $25+ shipping a decent offer?

I'd like the upper control arm links (shaft they pivot through with 2 bolt holes). Wondering if you could give me an approximate measurement on the center to center of those bolts. Need to know if an 85 720 will work, or if it's too new to swap onto my 620 for a disc brake swap using Beebani's UCA's. $25+ shipping a decent offer?

haha, I've got a set of beebani's UCA's coming so I was gonna give that a go for myself. if I do decide to let those go it will be soon and I'll get you a measurement anyway!

Hows the bed -- long /short and how much?? Thanks

The bed is a short bed and very straight, the tailgate is not. No rust and it is NOT a hook bed. ill take 150 OBO for the bed.

Does it have a sunroof? If So what do you want for the latch? Also for the rear window latch? Was it a 2wd?

It is a 2WD, no sunroof, i do have the rear window latch, however. i'll take 15+shipping for that since I would be making the rear window incomplete.

sounds like it could be a gower, need to talk to the wife

Sounds good man, just let me know!

Matwood,

Do you still have a clear title for the '85 720 you are parting out? I need one with all the data plates for another 720 I have that I bought recently that had a non-repairable title but was otherwise a perfect vehicle that I want to relicense and put back on the road. By the way, is the '85 720 you are parting out a King Cab model or reg cab model? (Mine is a King Cab)

tloof

Truck is a regular cab, short bed. I do have a clear and good NM title, but I'm kinda iffy on the legality of selling and swapping VIN plates. Doesn't seem like something I would be willing to do, especially documented over the internet. Heh... wink.gif

It is perfectly legal as long as all of my parts (cab, bed, engine, etc.) are simply swapped onto your frame that has the matching VIN# to your title. You can also always replace a damaged frame with one bought for parts from a wrecking yard (such as I have done) by re-engraving the VIN# from your good title as long as you have the receipt from the wrecking yard for the replacement frame. The three data plates only identify the VIN# that is on the frame & title as well as showing what engine, tranny, gear ratio, & paint code were installed from the factory (all of which can be changed by the owner at any time!). Anyway, the fact that your 720 is a reg cab version & NOT a King Cab makes your title useless for me.

Thanks anyway!

tloof....kind of sucks you don't live a little closer.....lol..... more parts than I need.

Anywho.....Have a couple of KCs and reg cabs with clear titles......but location....location.

Good to see you are back.....I noticed your post in the other site.

Like to rattle your brain with my 720 querys some day.....:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.