Keeping the gas safe

jovial_cynic

I got my dime from a guy that planned to drag race the car, so he took the rear glass out, shaved the handles and gas fill-up panel, and put in a fuel cell, and put in a hole behind the rear seat to fill it up.

I plan to get the rear glass installed, and I will no longer have a way to fill up the tank. I owed a friend a favor, so I traded out the fuel cell, and now I have the stock gas tank in there, and the filler tube is just a thick rubber hose (the kind that goes around PVC pipes or something) with a lid on it, so I have to open the trunk to fill up the tank. And... the battery is in the rear too, so when it gets warm, I potentially have gas fumes in the truck next to something that might, for no reason, cause a spark and kill me. Kaboom.

It's not a good nor safe setup, but I'm not actually driving the car yet (lots of work still), so I'm not worried yet. However, I'm getting closer, and now it's time to start thinking about what to do about the gas. I could cut a hole in the side of the car where the gas fill-up panel used to be and simply return it to stock... or I could leave it shaved and pretty and fill up the tank by opening up the trunk lid.

Does anybody else have any custom gas-tank-fill-up ideas they'd like to share?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic