KA24DE Throotle Body Question

I am swapping a KA24DE into my 620 truck. The used throttle body looks OK but I would rather be safe a replace it. Anyone ever used these "universal" TB's on ebay? I am worried about the TPS working on these. Anyone know of upgrade options for the stock TB's? Will the 280ZX TWM 60mm work? I have done research but can not seem to find much. Any advise would help! Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't throw out the factory Nissan throttle body to get a generic ebay one. That's just silly talk. What's wrong with the one that was engineered for the KA24DE, by the way? What are you trying to achieve? What do you mean by "I'd rather be safe and replace it"?

I think I've read somewhere that the Q45 throttle body is an upgrade(but that's more for turbo applications), but you may want to recheck that. My memory is human, and thus faulty, so I throw this disclaimer out. Do some research on that before you go out and buy one. But as far as the ebay one, don't do it. The factory one should be fine; I've NEVER heard of anybody having problems with it.

You'll want some of the info here for your swap, since you're not too hip on the KA:

http://www.240sxtech.com

More KA info than you can possibly digest here: http://www.240sx.org, there's a whole KA subforum (someone didn't search hard enough!)

Micro is right - You can't hurt that TB. Clean it and install it. Test TPS with a voltmeter.

Oh, and if you don't know what the values for the TPS voltage should be, the FSM's are also linked off those pages.

Have fun!

I am swapping a KA24DE into my 620 truck. The used throttle body looks OK but I would rather be safe a replace it. Anyone ever used these "universal" TB's on ebay? I am worried about the TPS working on these. Anyone know of upgrade options for the stock TB's? Will the 280ZX TWM 60mm work? I have done research but can not seem to find much. Any advise would help! Thanks

what is the "280ZX TWM 60mm"? we Z guys take the 60mm from the KA and use it.

there shouldnt be anything wrong with yours unless its usually janky and why not just pull one from another KA if it is? there all over the place.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.