vg33 620 swap

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently working on a VG30 swap. The VG33 should fit exactly the same though.

This would be a much easier swap if you wanted a 5 spd trans. Things are going to be tight with the automatic trans. But i dont want to shift. The hardest parts of this entire thing so far has been the wiring to the auto trans, not enjoying that part. Motor mounts were fairly easy. Starter clearance was a pain, and so was alternator clearance around the idler arm. Also requires a custom built oil pan. Slow project, but it is do-able. Exhaust would be easy with a 5 spd also.

I am currently working on a VG30 swap. The VG33 should fit exactly the same though.

This would be a much easier swap if you wanted a 5 spd trans. Things are going to be tight with the automatic trans. But i dont want to shift. The hardest parts of this entire thing so far has been the wiring to the auto trans, not enjoying that part. Motor mounts were fairly easy. Starter clearance was a pain, and so was alternator clearance around the idler arm. Also requires a custom built oil pan. Slow project, but it is do-able. Exhaust would be easy with a 5 spd also.

The VG33 does fit in the same space but it has its differences.

Check out this link to Nicoclub. It is a thread about the differences.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/337554

The main external difference as far as space/fitment of a vg33 is the oil filter location. And in my vg30 conversion, there is lots of room/clearance in the area that the vg33 oil filter would go. I have not got to test fit one, but i am confident that it would fit fine.

The main external difference as far as space/fitment of a vg33 is the oil filter location. And in my vg30 conversion, there is lots of room/clearance in the area that the vg33 oil filter would go. I have not got to test fit one, but i am confident that it would fit fine.

Yes. The oil filter n the VG33 is up front on the drivers side. It is mounted in a way that it clears the crossmember on the 510 so I am keeping it. It also points straight down so oil changes will be easier.

IMG00103-20091119-1641.jpg

IMG00006-20091120-1447.jpg

more i need more pics and info please! that is a cool as hell swap please help with parts and changes im working on a budget i have a 95 pathfinder that im geting the mtr and harness and ecu im looking for five speed trans and what i need to do the swap got to have it done before oct. this year

There are a few more pictures in my build thread for my vg conversion. The pathfinder intake manifold is going to be extremely close to the hood IF it clears at all. A 200sx upper manifold would clear the best i think. The 300zx upper manifold needs major firewall cutting.

yello620 whT MTR MOUNT SET up did you do and rad are you using i wish you where closer to me so i can scop your truck out i fab all the time but i want this swap to be clean and cheep as possable so im hitten you up for some info cause im gettin back in to dattos after 12 years vws and my chevys have been what i play with but i love my dattos i have a 71 goon and my 620 and pathfinder so info is useful thanks

There are a couple of pics of the motor mounts that i built on my build thread. I drilled the frame to accept the factory vg30 motor rubber mounts, then build the motor mount stands to go between the motor and the rubber mounts. Pics are on page three of my build thread.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/15744-620-vg-conversion/