engine change

nissan720

i have a 1984 nissan truck.i want to install a 96 model nissan ka24e engine out of a truck.will it work?or would one out of a 93 truck be better?will the intake off the 93 work on the 96 ka24e? i am new at this nissan engine swap thing.the z24 i have in it is a peice of junk.any help is appreciated.i have completely restored this truck and i hate to get rid of it.will a motor from a 240sx be a easier fit.i know the oil pans are made diffirent on the ka24e and the z24.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 1984 nissan truck.i want to install a 96 model nissan ka24e engine out of a truck.will it work?or would one out of a 93 truck be better?will the intake off the 93 work on the 96 ka24e? i am new at this nissan engine swap thing.the z24 i have in it is a peice of junk.any help is appreciated.i have completely restored this truck and i hate to get rid of it.will a motor from a 240sx be a easier fit.i know the oil pans are made diffirent on the ka24e and the z24.

This swap will be a total nighmare. Although it can be done. If your not happy with the truck then just sell it. Its so not worth the headache.

This swap will be a total nighmare. Although it can be done. If your not happy with the truck then just sell it. Its so not worth the headache.

are u kidding me? hard? no the hardest part will be the wiring, ant there is step by steps on how to do the wiring! i am doing a ka swap out of a CAR with the front sump pan, so i have to make my own pan... your stock tranny will bolt up to the ka, and so will the motor mounts with a little wiggling and hogging out a hole... other than that, its just wiring :) i jus got done putting in my tranny today, and was suprised it still lined with everything! do the swap man!!! just dont give up