Wish me luck..and my truck...all week long

ok, so i am pretty sure i have my massive manifold leak fixed. i now have ALL of the bolts tight on the manifold (yes, i forgot 2 bolts...DOH!) i have my vacuum lines hooked up, carb is ready to go, new battery, cable ends...it is just waiting. last week my friend who is letting me keep it at his house, said that it would never leave his property. he said i would give up on it. he also called it ugly and said it had no potential. so i got it put all back together and didn't start it (he was home) and next weekend while he is hunting, i'm going to go get it, crank her up and (if all goes awesome) drive her away. she hasn't seen the road since september 2005 but i think she is ready to go. brakes are checked, lights are checked, motor is (to the best of my knowledge) finally in the right state of tune...and next stop will be my cousin's house to put my floor pans in. say a little prayer for ms. dotty this week!!!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so i am pretty sure i have my massive manifold leak fixed. i now have ALL of the bolts tight on the manifold (yes, i forgot 2 bolts...DOH!) i have my vacuum lines hooked up, carb is ready to go, new battery, cable ends...it is just waiting. last week my friend who is letting me keep it at his house, said that it would never leave his property. he said i would give up on it. he also called it ugly and said it had no potential. so i got it put all back together and didn't start it (he was home) and next weekend while he is hunting, i'm going to go get it, crank her up and (if all goes awesome) drive her away. she hasn't seen the road since september 2005 but i think she is ready to go. brakes are checked, lights are checked, motor is (to the best of my knowledge) finally in the right state of tune...and next stop will be my cousin's house to put my floor pans in. say a little prayer for ms. dotty this week!!!

I don't think there is anything quite so satisfying as getting an old car up and running that somebody else had given up on. 2nd greatest feeling is when somebody tells you (as they told me), that it'll end up as a planter in the backyard with a tree or something growing through it only to prove them wrong and turn it into a real head-turner. I did this with a '63 Beetle that I had to tow home one day. It was bad.. real bad. Bought it for $250.. when I was done I ended up selling it for $4500. Everywhere I stopped I got compliments on it. Love the feeling of proving people wrong. Also love the satisfaction of bringing something back from the dead.

Go forth and prove him wrong.. good luck! Sounds like you'll be successful!:D

thanks for the encouragement super! my best friend and proclaimed engine guru said 2 years ago when i dove into the motor that i would never get it running on my own. he told another friend that i would end up having to have him fix it, or i would take it to the shop. he was the first person i called when it started running about 2 months ago. it was a good feeling. step 1 was making it run, step 2 is driving it!!!