Need quick carb answer

Runslikeapenguin

I'm fed up with all this nonsense. I want to get this done NOW. I dont want to attempt to piece together any more junk. I'm just going to buy a kit.

Now i want to make sure i get the right kit so this all goes on as easily as possible.

Here's what I'm looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weber-Carburetor-Kit-Ford-Courier-Datsun-Pickup-Truck_W0QQitemZ270520396623QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100125?IMSfp=TL100125155004r36091

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300237207814&crlp=1_263602_263622&ff4=263602_263622&viewitem=&guid=8646e0cb1260a0e202357c35fefed7ec&rvr_id=&ua=%3F*F%3F&itemid=300237207814

http://www.joetlc.com/weber-carburetor-datsun-nissan-200sx-p-11219.html

OK, the questions

1. will these kits bolt up to my Offenhauser manifold?

2. will the throttle cable hook straight up to this or will i need to modify the cable end or hook up a morse style cable?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The middle one is the one you do NOT want; it will have the same issue you have with the Holley (which is a DFV clone). A DGV will have the correct throttle pull, the DFV is essentially a mirror carb. I've run a DFV on one truck, with the throttle upside-down, but it requires using a medium-rise or tall adapter on the stock manifold. The DGV usually fits, though sometimes you need to use a thick gasket, but I don't have an Offy manifold. I would think the DGV (1st and 3rd link) would fit, but those are complete kits designed to bolt to the EXISTING Datsun manifold, so you're paying extra for an adapter plate (that's a piece of crap thin cast aluminum piece judging by the photos). You just need the carb (no adapters) with an Offy if it has the DGV bolt pattern.

An either case, you will need to use the throttle linkage off the Hitachi.

If you want a MANUAL CHOKE carb, you want this:

DGV 5a

If you want electric choke, you want this:

DGEV

Again, that's assuming the Weber bolts directly to the offy manifolds- they made BOTH varieties (ones that fit the Hitachi footprint and ones that fit the Weber DGV/DFV footprint).

The middle one is the one you do NOT want; it will have the same issue you have with the Holley (which is a DFV clone). A DGV will have the correct throttle pull, the DFV is essentially a mirror carb. I've run a DFV on one truck, with the throttle upside-down, but it requires using a medium-rise or tall adapter on the stock manifold. The DGV usually fits, though sometimes you need to use a thick gasket, but I don't have an Offy manifold. I would think the DGV (1st and 3rd link) would fit, but those are complete kits designed to bolt to the EXISTING Datsun manifold, so you're paying extra for an adapter plate (that's a piece of crap thin cast aluminum piece judging by the photos). You just need the carb (no adapters) with an Offy if it has the DGV bolt pattern.

An either case, you will need to use the throttle linkage off the Hitachi.

If you want a MANUAL CHOKE carb, you want this:

DGV 5a

If you want electric choke, you want this:

DGEV

Again, that's assuming the Weber bolts directly to the offy manifolds- they made BOTH varieties (ones that fit the Hitachi footprint and ones that fit the Weber DGV/DFV footprint).

So i want the one from that first link right?

If the offy manifold has the bolt pattern for the weber then i can just bolt it straight up to it, and if its for the hitachi then i can just use the adapter plate right?