Anyone want to part with a decent L16 longblock?

Hi,

I'm in the Phoenix area, and am building a low budget 521 as a daily driver for around town. It hadn't run in about 5 years until this last weekend. My brother and I did a little work on it to try and get it going so we could evaluate whether the motor would need to be rebuilt or replaced. It fires right up but SMOKES! I'm hoping someone in the Phoenix area has a decent L16 longblock for sale or trade? It doesn't have to be new, but I am looking for something that will get me around town for a while. Also, I'm a tattoo artist in a VERY reputable shop, so if any of you guys are looking for tattoos, I would be willing to work out some kind of trade? Just thought I'd throw it out there, 'cause I don't have a ton of money. Thanks :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an L16 shortblock that got new rings, bearings, and timing chain about 20k miles ago. Thats about 12 years ago. Still in the truck running. It needs a valvejob, but I'm not selling the head anyway. I am in Lake Havasu about 210 miles from you, and my brother lives in Surprise. If you are interested we can work something out.

Guest kamakazi620

after driving a 1.6 around, try and find a 2.0. itll be worth the extra ink seat time given. if you were closer id trade my whole running 1.6 for a 2.0 not running

^^^^ Didnt build it right!!!!^^^^^^

i didnt build it, came that way from the guy i got it from. someone told him the l20b was crap and swapped this in without him knowing. he wasnt a car guy. i just have no torque. after all im used to my bored l28 in my z car. i dont wanna have to downshift to get up hills on the highway. its a screamer dont get me wrong

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.