isuzu rear disc conversion crappy pedal fix

4.0lratsun

ok i fell victim to the exotic thought and simplicity of rear discs so i went and got the trooper set up made brackets and the pedal sucked this isn't my first conversion did my dodge about a year ago and the pedal in that rocks so i did some research and found people were switching to the 7/8 master did it, better but not impressed did some more r&d and found that the trooper has a 1" bore and with slight modification it goes right onto the 620 booster I'm convinced that with braided brake hoses or even new rubber ones that this would be the most positive feeling pedal I've ever felt on a datsun truck also i have not removed the proportioning valve truck stops great in the near future i will be installing toyota 4 piston calipers on the front

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i fell victim to the exotic thought and simplicity of rear discs so i went and got the trooper set up made brackets and the pedal sucked this isn't my first conversion did my dodge about a year ago and the pedal in that rocks so i did some research and found people were switching to the 7/8 master did it, better but not impressed did some more r&d and found that the trooper has a 1" bore and with slight modification it goes right onto the 620 booster I'm convinced that with braided brake hoses or even new rubber ones that this would be the most positive feeling pedal I've ever felt on a datsun truck also i have not removed the proportioning valve truck stops great in the near future i will be installing toyota 4 piston calipers on the front

**I made it a little easier to read.**

Hello. I fell victim to exotic thought about simplifying rear discs. I went and got the trooper set up, made brackets and the pedal still sucked. This isn't my first conversion, I have done my dodge about a year ago and the pedal in that rocks. I did some research and found people were switching to the 7/8 master. I did that too, it was better but I was still not impressed. I did some more r&d and found that the trooper has a 1" bore and with slight modification it goes right onto the 620 booster. I'm convinced that with braided brake hoses or even new rubber ones that this would be the most positive feeling pedal I've ever felt on a datsun truck. I also have not removed the proportioning valve. The truck stops great! In the near future I will be installing toyota 4 piston calipers on the front.

:P

I'm pretty sure that when fineline did the original setup with those brakes, he already had a 15/16" m/c installed. I still have the set I bought to prove they'd fit in a box around here somewhere. Maybe one of these days I'll get to install them :)

• 3 months later...