• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have early or late 260Z bumpers?

IF you have early you are in luck.

Your bumpers will tuck back up against the body with very little effort. There are 4 shock absorber devices that attach the bumper to the body. IF you dont mind loosing these 5MPH cash safety devices here is something you can do to get a more aesthetic look.

Each of the shocks is filled with Nitrogen. They are charged like a gas shock. IF you pull these shocks of you will find a small phillips screw on the shock tube itself behind the bumper mount. CAUTION!! HIGH PRESSURE GAS!!! remove the screw from the shock carefully. USE COMMON sense and safety. Once the gas is removed re-install shocks. Attach your bumper again. Firmly push the bumper against body. It will stay in place for the most part if thats all you do. I drove 15K miles like this. I suggest once you have the bumper in the place you want it to mark it and take the shocks back out. Take them back out and weld the 2 shock halfs together where you marked it.

NOTE: all the ugly rubber stuff that goes behind the bumpers will be removed in this process, though I kept the center front rubber and slid it into the grill to help air flow around the bumper.

This should achieve your goals

Ray