subaru diff issue thing

SubwayGUY4

So I got a subi diff and it ended up not being lsd.

well so far I only have two issues

the front and the drive shaft don't line up.

I suppose I'll just use the 510 one but I can't stop it from spinning any ideas?

Second, the axle stubs that go into the diff can just slide out far enough to where the wheel wont spin.

I tried to put in the bolt that was suppose to go there but there wasn't anywhere for the bolt to go into.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got a subi diff and it ended up not being lsd.

well so far I only have two issues

the front and the drive shaft don't line up.

I suppose I'll just use the 510 one but I can't stop it from spinning any ideas?

Second, the axle stubs that go into the diff can just slide out far enough to where the wheel wont spin.

I tried to put in the bolt that was suppose to go there but there wasn't anywhere for the bolt to go into.

spond like you git the wrong dif what year is it from

well quite frankly i have no idea

dude told me 2000 2.5rs

that has to be a lie since it would be LSD then

yeah.......

are are the stubs supposed to lock with a bolt of some sort just like the 510s? cause there is a bolt that is supposed to hold them in but the subi one didnt have that

The viscus Subaru diffs look like an open diff. The passenger side stub axle is double splined and longer than the drivers side axle.These axles are held in by a clip in the splines like a FWD car. There is a write-up on DQ,on how to make it work in a 510, Sorry. I bought the issue with info on doing it, has some good info. So don't give up hope yet.

Thanks

Bryce

i figured they had C retainers..... now the only problem is how am i going to get that to work?

and i dont think it is lsd? but you are right about the passenger side being a bit longer.

but when i cracked it open it looked like the same old r160 where i could see the spider

Like I said it looks open, spider gears and all. And It can be made to work. There Is a Dime Quarterly Article that covers all the things needed to install a viscus subie diff. What did the tag on the cover say. My Subie VLSD said right on the cover 3.90 VLSD, my clutch type said 3.70 LSD. And You can spin all the parts in a viscus diff by hand if you don't have the proper axles in it. Do your homework, can you get the vin off the subie and check with subie and see if a VLSD was offerd in that model that year. My Vlsd came out of a legacy, who knew. I did I did my research.

Thanks

Bryce