Taking out a subaru LSD...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect, I wasn't too sure about the axles. I know on VW axles you need a 12 point socket. Thanks guys

Theres a drift pin that holds the half shafts to the stub axles. The easy way to remove the third member is to drive that pin out. approx size would be a 1/4 inch drill bit. no need to bring home the axles and no reason to buy them

Theres a drift pin that holds the half shafts to the stub axles. The easy way to remove the third member is to drive that pin out. approx size would be a 1/4 inch drill bit. no need to bring home the axles and no reason to buy them

Yes. I learned this the hard way. Fought to remove those axles and never saw that drift pin while under the dirty car in 100 degree temps at the JY. It is much easier to remove the diff w/o the axles attached. Take a hammer and a small assortment of drill bits with you. It is around 1/4" but may be a bit smaller.

Well...if it wasn't for some ignorant kid...I would have a LSD, but that's not the case. Ended up not being a LSD, which is a bummer because I was trading him for a KA24de head that I just got back from the machine shop. I guess I shouldn't assume people know what they are talking about. Thanks for the help though.

-Brett