C-200 Rear Axle locker

greybeard

Ok I've done some searching an come up with very little.

I know ARB makes an air locker, but I want a ratsun solution to a locker/LSD for for the C-200 rear

axle I'm running in my truck, don't want to weld it because it also sees street use.... can R-200 parts be made to fit with some machining?

anybody on this board nearby have some core parts to donate? dont care if it's bad parts, just want to see what needs to be done, if it works, I'll get good parts to build one and post up the details.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure how much this helps but this is what i experienced... the early c-200 (720 4x4 and early d21 north american market) cant use the c-200 LSD or lockers provided aftermarket because they are larger spline count for the titan (newer c-200) and so on. You may find an LSD or locker for the early c-200 that was made back in the early 90s or late 80s but it wont be easy or cheap.

The r-200a i believe uses a similar setup and the LSD or locker can be used from that with some modifications.... the air lockers cant be modified to work in the early housing. The easy way out of all the complications and the rather weak c-200 is to use a toyota 4x4 rear axle... the spring perch is in the same location, lug pattern is the same and the width is almost exact. New driveline and e-brake mods are needed but not a big deal..... from there the gear selections are endless as will be posi, lockers and rear disk brakes... dirt cheap too compared to nissan stuff