z24 dual plug dizzy q's

kezark31

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the pick up and igniter are combined in one. Here is a 3 terminal Z22 dizzy igniter

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Nissan%20Electrical/720distributor005Large.jpg[/img]"]720distributor005Large.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Nissan%20Electrical/720distributor010Large-1.jpg[/img]"]720distributor010Large-1.jpg

In the picture above: the shiny C shaped thing near the top with the screws is the stator.(the bottom black half of it is the magnet) The black star wheel thing in the middle below the stator/magnet is the reluctor. Below it, the black thing with a hole in it and three terminals is the igniter.

When the reluctor aligns with the two stator terminals the magnetic field is transmitted to the coil built into the round hole in the igniter. The magnetic pulse is used to turn off the flow of power to the coils to fire them.

If you have 4 terminals on the igniter, then you have a dizzy capable of shutting the exhaust plugs off via a manifold vacuum switch. Only the Z24s in Canada got this. I don't think the Z22s got this and have never found out if the States did or not.

kezark31 are you in the States or Canada?

Brian, that reluctor looks exactly like the L dizzy one I sent you.

Edited by datzenmike