620 brakes need help!!!

chavezYchavez

Guys,

what a PITA I knew it was going to need everything from sitting so long but here is my problem now.

I have replaced all the hose's and new wheel cylinders on every corner of the truck.

I think it may be a bad master cylinder now as I still have no brakes? I have bleed all of the brakes but I am still not building up a resistance or Pressure on the pedal? Does this mean the MC is bad?

Also what would be an indication of a bad booster?

Also what is the best way to adjust these brakes? I tighten them just so there was a slight drag on the drum and then backed it off a little bit is this about right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CYC

Edited by chavezYchavez
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you bleed the NLSV that's bolted to the inside of the pass side frame? It has a bleeder screw as well.

To test the booster, pump brakes several times to release any residual vacuum. Press down on brake peddle and hold. Start engine. As manifold vacuum builds the peddle should drop slightly.

In the event nothing happens, pull hose off booster with engine running. There should be vacuum at hose, engine may stall. Hose is likely ok. If no vacuum felt, check the in line one way valve. If it was removed it could be in backwards or spiders are in there... I had this happen and the valve was blocked... no boost on my truck. Took both legs on brake peddle and white knuckles to stop!!!!

For drums, adjust until there is slight drag, pump several times to center the shoes and check that there is still slight drag and adjust if applicable.

Edited by datzenmike