'71 510 for sale

Selling my 510. Has 280zx front suspension, Phleb's old L16 with cam and flat top pistons, dogleg 5-speed, 280zx wheels, new exhaust(2" if memory serves)

Interior isn't great, car runs well, needs a new gasket at the collector end of the exhaust manifold, driver's side window doesn't roll up correctly. It goes to the top, but it's off track I think and leaves a little gap. Back right quarter panel needs body work due to rust, few other rust spots here and there, hole in the floor under the rear seat, not very big.

I'll get pics of the exhaust and the interior tomorrow if I remember.

I'm not asking much, but I don't want to get fisted on this. I'm asking 1500, assuming people will lowball me. I want it gone, but I'm not giving it away.

0124091532.jpg

0711081633.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More pictures. Sorry for the snow, I was at work all day and asked my sister to take some pics for me, she didn't want to clear it off :P

She forgot the rust picture too, I'll get that tomorrow.

Shows the new exhaust though, sort of.

downsized951204091559.jpg

1204091600.jpg

1204091600a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sale pending/sold!

I just picked it up and DROVE IT 800 MILES HOME!!! I got a thumbs up :thumbup: from so many people in other cars during the trip I lost count. Who says you can't drive classic cars on road trips? I love the car and can't hardly wait to get to work fixing it up. This will make a nice custom 510 street car. I won't be dirt tracking this car. I spent the whole 800 mile trip envisioning what I'm gonna do to it. Thanks again Sean for hooking me up with it and helping me out with the pick up from the air port. :D

I just picked it up and DROVE IT 800 MILES HOME!!! I got a thumbs up :thumbup: from so many people in other cars during the trip I lost count. Who says you can't drive classic cars on road trips? I love the car and can't hardly wait to get to work fixing it up. This will make a nice custom 510 street car. I won't be dirt tracking this car. I spent the whole 800 mile trip envisioning what I'm gonna do to it. Thanks again Sean for hooking me up with it and helping me out with the pick up from the air port. :D

Congrats on the new dime. Make sure you post up a project thread on it and let us watch your progress.

Yes. 510 road trips are a blast. My son and I drove across country (Seattle, Washington to Washington, DC) in 2007. We had such a great time that we want to do it again. Only next time I would prefer not to have stock front seats. Kind of tough on the back.

Good Luck with the new dime!

Good Luck with the new dime!

I'm planning on doing a project page as soon as the weather breaks and I can start really working on it. My having problems uploading pictures to photobucket though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.