Newby and new Datsun 1973 Lil Hustler truck

chavezYchavez

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Fellow Hall Monitor, That is a nice truck you found there, and for a price that makes me want to pull whats left of my hair out, I dont think you can find a deal like you got out here in sunny Calif. I was looking at the pictures that you posted and was surprised to see that even the inner wheel wells are in very good condition and still red. who ever owned that truck took pretty good care of it. My Mom purchased a 72 521 pickup from the local Datsun dealer back when they were new and I remember we went back to the dealer a week or two later because there was a squeak inside the cab that was driving her mad. I went with her and they had just put these new models on the lot. and while they were "trying" to find the squeak I went around and was sitting in the new 72/73 trucks, I was really mad that we had missed the new models by about a week and tried to talk my mom into exchanging the 521 for the newer model, (but she wouldn't). But I have to say she got a good deal for the 521, I remember she paid $2399.00 for it.

Congrats on your find...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. What a difference! I've never used that abrasive polish on any of my cars, they are all to new, and my 620 still has some facory clearcoat on it.:D

I need to do a brake overhaul as well (among other things), but my tools are at school, and I have no extra garage space. Keep it simple with this amazingly conditioned 620!

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys after replacing the entire brake system except for Booster finally have brakes. I had to buy new shoes/hardware/drums/wheel cylinders/hoses to finally get it to stop.

Just to show you how must the truck sat found an oil change sticker under the hood date jan 1999 mileage at that time was 60,323 I bought the truck in Nov with 61,050 on the odometer.

I plan on making this my daily driver as I will be selling my 2008 HHR SS if anybody might be interested in it let me know? I am trying to have all my bills paid off before I retire from The Navy in Jul 2012 after 24yrs.

Another interesting thing I found out today was I have the L16 engine I thought I had the L18 but that did not come out until 1975 model. Other than that glad to have found you guys and this lil hustler truck.

CYC