510 build

murderwagon

OK. I guess i never made my objective clear so here goes... i live in central new york my 510 is the only one on the street around here. I am looking to build my wagon to be fast fun and handle well. As winter is here it is time to pull her off the road for the winter and into the shop. So with 6months of down time its time to build her up. My plans include a suspension build, engine swap, brake up grade interior pretty much a total rebuild. i own/run a fabrication shop with a few of my friends called Redrum Fabrication. As i run this business i am a very busy guy and free time to work on my car i dont want to waste. So if i am thinking of doing something i dont want to waste time on something that wont work or engineer something that has been done a million times. i just want answers ... so as for the car i have been debating a few things: what engine most bang for the buck?: vg30, sr20, ka24, 2.0l ? suspension i am going with coil overs up front upgraded sway bars 280zx struts probably toyota bakes not positive. as for the rear don't really wanna build a 4 link. but adding a sway bar and some stiffer springs is definitely and improvement i would say. as for steering the stock setup sucks too many joints loss motion. i heard that a rack from a bmw can be put in not sure yet if i have to keep it i will. but i am just trying to make it so it handles thanks guys hope to get some opinions and maybe some friends out of this. thanks for looking

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have a really nasty sr20det but its a bit much for the wagon i am thinkin about a vg30 not sure thou. there are a million 300zx's around me cheap. i have a t5 tranny already in my basement. and i drive a 88 nissan 200sx with a vg as a winter car. and that car is an animal. so i figured that engine in the wagon would be pretty nasty.