Utah ratsun check in

Weather's getting nicer (finally). I went to Cars and Coffee this morning surrounded by a bunch of uninteresting Camaros and other "store bought" cars but the normal WRX population was lacking. Not a huge turn out but my son and I did go on a 30 mile cruise over a mountain with a handful of Mini Coopers. Surprisingly my little L16 kept up quite nicely. It was good to get out and drive a distance again.

Yesterday I was driving the goon around town and spotted a ratty white 4 door 510 in Murray, which is a rare sight. We were going opposite directions so I was unable to catch up.

Sorry, no oics of either occurrence. Utah Ratsuners need to speak up. I know you're out there! Let's get together.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather's getting nicer (finally). I went to Cars and Coffee this morning surrounded by a bunch of uninteresting Camaros and other "store bought" cars but the normal WRX population was lacking. Not a huge turn out but my son and I did go on a 30 mile cruise over a mountain with a handful of Mini Coopers. Surprisingly my little L16 kept up quite nicely. It was good to get out and drive a distance again.

Yesterday I was driving the goon around town and spotted a ratty white 4 door 510 in Murray, which is a rare sight. We were going opposite directions so I was unable to catch up.

Sorry, no oics of either occurrence. Utah Ratsuners need to speak up. I know you're out there! Let's get together.

OK i am checking in from MOAB!! i have a 620 and working on 2 210 wagons i need a few parts for! saw several datsuns at last years car show here in MOAB!!did not get a chance to talk to anyone tho. how about a get together here??? i have been feeling all alone here!!

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP!! WHERE ARE ALL THE UTAH GUYS AT?????:unsure:

Sorry about that Privateer. I haven't checked the thread for a while and I must have gotten unsubscribed somehow.

I used to go down to that car show every year and it was always my favorite. Loved the cruising on Friday and Saturday. I had my '93 Hardbody in the show in '95 and '96. Then schedules changed and I stopped going for one reason or another but I think about it every year at this time. Isn't it next weekend? Its good to hear there are some Datsuns now as I remember it being mostly American iron. I took my wagon down there in '03 but that's the last I've been.

I can understand you feeling all alone down there. Let's see if we can figure out a cruise or a meet halfway even. There might be some camping with my family this fall.

Gee, I'm making this conversation one big triangle. I'm in Southwest Utah, Privateer is in Southeast Utah and greengoon is in Northern Utah. We all live in the same state but are roughly 4 hours from each of the others. Not very condusive to meeting up, now is it?

Sorry about that Privateer. I haven't checked the thread for a while and I must have gotten unsubscribed somehow.

I used to go down to that car show every year and it was always my favorite. Loved the cruising on Friday and Saturday. I had my '93 Hardbody in the show in '95 and '96. Then schedules changed and I stopped going for one reason or another but I think about it every year at this time. Isn't it next weekend? Its good to hear there are some Datsuns now as I remember it being mostly American iron. I took my wagon down there in '03 but that's the last I've been.

I can understand you feeling all alone down there. Let's see if we can figure out a cruise or a meet halfway even. There might be some camping with my family this fall.

thanx for checking in!! it is a great show, and i saw 6 datsuns here last year, all parked together but not in the show!! the cruise should be fun so if any UT. or COLO. folks will be here say hi!! plan on taking my 79 210 wagon, [just for fun NOT show!!] would like to get some fun things going in our area but it is a big place Utah! and as pointed out we are a distance apart,but of course i feel that i am in the most beautiful place here in the Adventure Capital!! lots of car clubs meet here annualy, not an advertised thing like this weekends show, just folks having fun!! let's keep this going now!!

Take lots of pictures of Datsuns and the show (and your cars) and post them. I would love to come back down there for the show as it is stunning scenery, especially this time of year. This gets me thinking that after I get my 5 speed put in the goon this fall, I may have to plan a road trip down next year. I remember a big show in October one year. Did that ever become and annual thing?

Take lots of pictures of Datsuns and the show (and your cars) and post them. I would love to come back down there for the show as it is stunning scenery, especially this time of year. This gets me thinking that after I get my 5 speed put in the goon this fall, I may have to plan a road trip down next year. I remember a big show in October one year. Did that ever become and annual thing?

Well i only saw 1 Datsun [not entered] at the april action car show, a z car. but i did shine up my 79 210 wagon for the cruising fri and sat nites!! and that was great fun lots of comments, once you see lots of great american iron and rods it's fun to have some basic classics around too!! would like to see some of you guys come into Moab, as i said lots of national and international car clubs have their meets here!! no ongoing shows in the fall, just clubs and groups.may have to sell my wagon and go back to my 620kc tho!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have not had any luck posting pics on here but i can send you some on email!! privateeradventurer@yahoo.com just got an 86 hardbody 4x4 too having some issues that i have posted hoping for help with, but it is getting there!!

I was recently made aware of the goneMOAB [Gathering Of Nissan Enthusiasts@ MOAB] here this last week!![22-27th] gonemoab.com primarily an offroad anual event I don't see why we could not make this into an annual southwest datsun/nissan event!! we could easily get some good support here from the town and tourisim bureau, and this is a great time for parks, rafting etc!! whadda you guys think!! a great excuse for coming to to Moab for folks from the surrounding states!! :cool: