5 Speed Conversion B210

az_rat210

75 B210

Current Transmission F4W60 4 Speed

I am obtaining an FS5W60A (80-82 210 5 Speed).

Is this going to be a straight swap?

If I was getting the 76-78 B210 Dogleg then I know the Input Shaft/Spline Count is different for the FS5W63A, as that is a 1"+ 24 Spline shaft.

Reading on the Web the FS5W60A 5 Speed is an 18 Spline 13/16" Input Shaft and the Output Shaft should be the same as my 4 speed. This is the same as the F4W60, so I should be able to use the same clutch. Just drain the oil, pull the tranny and put in the 5-Speed.

I plan to have the Transmission Overhauled before I put it in.

1) Is what I have found incorrect regarding the input/output shafts. Am I going to run into any surprises?

2) Where can I get an overhaul kit. The site I had though I could get one list the FS5W71 not the FS5W60A so it would not be the correct kit.

3) Have I missed anything in trying to plan this out for greatest simplicity?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The clutch and the drive shaft can be used without any changes.

You may need to fabricate/modify the transmission mount. The 56 series is in a different location. I'm unsure if the 60 4 and 5 speeds are different.

60 series bearings/baulk rings were available from Nissan 12 months ago when I did a 60 re-build. I had the dealer do a "dealer search" to find both bearings and baulk rings to fill my order. Baulk rings may be an issue now, but then dealer stock was the only source. Nothing was being shown in the Nissan warehouse system.