Rust Free 720 BED ??

coolioni

I am trying to find a rust free bed for my 720 pick up. I am restoring mine right now, and my present bed has so much rust , that I have been told that it will cost me alot less money for me to try to find a replacement bed than to try to repair the rust that is on my present bed.

I have found a few beds at a few junk yards out west in California and New Mexico, but I would have to ship it all the way to Florida. the cost of he beds I have found are about $400 but the shipping will be about the same price as the bed.

Do you gus that do your own body work also think that it is alot easier to just change out a bed compared to trying to fix a bed that is all rusted out ?

My bed has all the normal rust spots. The seams going down the sides are rusted, the inside of the bed is rusted completely through in alot of areas where you can see right though the holes. It is basicly in very bad shape.

From what I have been told to fix the rust it cost me well into the $1000' just fixing the rust spots. My actualt question is has anyone bought something as large as a pickup bed and had it shipped before and about how much did it cost to have it shipped ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for a factory in your area that ships country wide. For me that is a furniture company just the next town over. Try to get in touch with a dispatcher to see if they have any trucks heading in that direction that could pick the bed up on their way home.

My Dad has friends who have done this for whole cars several times. They will only charge us like 150-200 bucks to pick up a whole car. The truck isnt makin anything on the way back anyway, so any money is a plus.

Not guarentee-ing you can find this, but it may be worth a shot.