Carb question

oneslick720

So I took my 720 to the show this weekend on a trailer. I have never had a min of trouble out of the truck. When I went to unload it it all of a sudden to not want to idle. And a I know nothing about adjusting a webber carb any advice would be nice or any other ideas....

Thanks

guys

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What year 720? There were 4 gas engines used in them. Finish filling out your profile with some truck info. A general location is helpful so we know if you are in Calif. which has different emission laws and equipment on their trucks.

If "all of sudden" it would idle, do NOT adjust it. That's the last thing you want to do--fiddle with the adjustment when the problem is not the adjustment. I've seen so many carburetors messed up this way.

You need to find out why it won't idle and fix that. Perhaps a vacuum hose came loose. Or the gasket it leaking. Or crud came into the carburetor through the fuel line...or simply the idle cut-off solenoid wire disconnected.

What difference does it make which engine it has? It's a weber carburetor, non stock.