521 Brake Conversion ?s

kaliboy96

Hey Guys I am in the middle of doing a BeeBani brake conversion on my 69' 521 Turbo! I have purchased all of the necessary parts such as The new 280z M/C, the Isuzu Rotors, 1990 Hardbody Calipers, new soft brake hoses, and new metric hard lines (bought a kit on ebay for the 280z M/C it is a 10mm x 1.0 meter fitting that bolts right up to the M/C and Hardbody calipers saves a lot of time!) The problems I am running into are as follows, I bought a proportioning valve for the rear brakes but since I have not purchased the rear conversion I am still using the stock rear drums and lines! I want to install the proprtioning valve but cant figure out how to get the hard brake lines to fit 1/8" NPT fittings which are used for both inlet and outlet on the valve! Coming into the valve I have the new 3/16" hard lines with the Metric 10mm x 1.0, and coming out on the other side is the stock SAE 3/8" x 24. I have looked and have been unable to find adapters for either side. Can someone tell me how to install and where I might be able to find the adapters if they are needed. Also I have seen a few posts on the inner bearings but am not sure if this applies to me! Can someone tell meme the easiest way to remedy this problem. Thanks so much, I look forward to working with you all of you guys on this project!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic