Smokin Z22 ....

OneFreakyMF

ok guys ... i consider myself to be a fairly mechanically inclined kinda guy but i could use some help. the two areas i am not so familiar with are transmissions and engine failures.

so here it is .... my Z22 smokes heavily (blue smoke) when cold but as it warms up the smoking lessens to only a slight hint of blue, unless i rev the engine, then it smokes heavily again. all this started after it got hot on me once due to a radiator plugged with mud. promptly cleaned out the radiator and she runs nice and cool again. also there is a light "lifter tick" now ....

i pulled the spark plugs and cylinder 1, 2, and 3 are fine but the fourth was "wet". looks more like fuel than oil. i did a compression test and these are the readings for four compression cycles per cylinder ....

cylinder 1: 120, 120, 150, 180

cylinder 2: 120, 120, 150, 180

cylinder 3: 120, 120, 150, 180

cylinder 4: 120, 150, 150, 180

i checked for spark (by just hooking up a timing light to each wire) and cylinder 4 was kinda having some issues. bad connections .... and i probably need to replace the cap n rotor. gonna run into town tomorrow and pick them up. even after it looked like i was getting more of a consistant spark there is still the smoking issue ....

oil and antifreeze look good too ..... any ideas guys??? thanks for readin!!

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic