bench seat question in a 71 521

ssdjoey

ok so as most of you know the bench sets are pretty crappy in these trucks but mines is reallly really really clean and nice but it makes me sit wayyy too high almost like my head is gonna hit the roof so i was thinking has anyone ever hacked the underside on the bench frame so that it would sit snugly on the tunnel and lower it a few inches? i really wanna keep it but if i cant lower it more then im gonna have to get buckets(already got them but not sure i wanna use them)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

without modding the floor brackets, you don't have a whole lot of room under the bench...

could have it reupholstered with less spring...

if you end up running buckets- I'm looking for a clean bench in southern california

well i was thinking of hacking the underside of the frame on the bottom so that it will sit lower,my seat can go lower on the sides no big deal i can cut the sliders off but the tunnel is killing it for me, my bench seat is as nice as they come i really dont wannna give it up,maybe ill take some pics since we all love pics

heres the benchseat, its reallly nice brown/tan tweed in great condition

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

and heres the bucket seats i got for the truck,not sure what they are out of im guessing some kind of ford because the emblem(missing) is an oval shape, the leather is real good and i dig the chrome trim

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

and heres the survivor i got for my daughter, i used to ride this exact bike when i was younger, it belonged to my neighbor he was the og owner i even got the receipt

IMG_2157.jpg

ill try and get some underside pics later today when i wash the truck, they have mounts on them and it looks like you could bolt up some recaro or sparco sliders to them i havent tried yet but i have some sliders here in my shed somewhere that i can pull out and test fit(they dont come with the seats though) as for the bench seat im just gonna go for it, if it comes out like shit and i cant save it then i guess my dogs got a new sofa hahahaah