fuel shutoff valve

joelyjoeljumpin

Ok so anybody know how to bypass the fuel shutoff valve on a 1977 620. It is making my truck die on me while driving I have tried to adjust it but it still cuts out on me. I have also tried to disconnect the connector to it but it didn't work. this is really frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not the idle cut solenoid. it the fuel shutoff valve on california models its a valve that connects to the manifold vacuum and has a connector hook into the fuel shutoff system. there is a switch in the transmission and on the clutch pedal. It shuts off the fuel system when manifold vacuum gets to high. I have tried to adjust it with no luck. Any california ratsun members know how to bypass it or disable it.

The fuel shut off is still done with the idle cut solenoid. A vacuum switch detects an abnormally high manifold vacuum on deceleration and removes the fuel to the idle circuit that would normally be wasted out the exhaust. A transmission neutral switch and a clutch switch prevents operation during shifts or any time the clutch is down or tranny in neutral.

The California fuel cut is only on the '78-'79 model 620. It's on the drivers side fender and has RED a BLUE/YELLOW and a WHITE/BLUE wires to it. Unplugging it will disable it's ability to turn the idle cut solenoid off. The idle cut will still function normally.

BTW: The idle cut or the fuel shut off system has no effect on running when driving, only idle. If you have cut out when driving check the fuel filter.

Edited by datzenmike

So i checked the fuel filter and nothing is clogged. You wouldn't have any ideas as far as what can be causing it to completely die while driving it. It just started doing it not to long ago. It usually occurs while accelerating in 3rd gear.