Small block Ford powered Datsun owners!?!?

astro_ss_340

I can hear that one. I don't know how i am scraping by getting the stuff done to my truck. i guess i was lucky that I have found great deals. a $300 miata was a hell of a steal.

No doubt, a free 521, no charge on the shop I am doing the work on my truck in. Cheap engine, cheap rims.

Oh and I got an even more awesome deal on my new seat for the truck too! I pulled a seat from a 94 Dodge Caravan from the landfill in my parents town, awesome shape.....fits perfect, just have to make new mounts for it, as the factory ones are too tall. It is the perfect width, like PERFECT! LMAO

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got to do some more work on my 521, have the engine and trans sitting in the truck. Had to cut more firewall out and more floor. Hit a roadblock when I could not figure out how to sit the tranny lower, took a step back and figured it out! I took the crossmember that holds the back of the torsion bars, made new mounts and mounted it to the bottom of the frame, plenty of room now, also removed the crossmember that the torsion bars went through. Will take some pics tommorow. Just have to make a tranny crossmember, engine mounts, drive shaft, figure out the radiator and put a rear seal in it and it should be ready to test.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got hurt on the job so that Datsun has been sitting quietly in the corner for 4 months in a snow bank. Will have at er the next couple of weeks and should be out driving. Does anyone know where I can get a kit for the steering box? I unfortunately lost some pieces, or what can I rob a box off of?

thanx