Ka24de wiring for my 510 Q's

Hey, new to this forum. Have a couple questions for anyone who may have some experience in the area of the 510 KA swap.

I'm working on doing the KA swap into my 71 510. I recently stumbled upon a heck of a deal on the engine & trans. I got the engine(KA24DE) from a 91 240sx, pretty much complete, along with what was said to be an s14 5-speed. I also got a wiring harness with it. Upon mocking up the engine w/ the harness on the stand, it turns out that there is a 2nd wiring harness that hooks into my oil pressure, starter, alternator, and trans.

My question on this is, do I need this harness? Or would it be possible for me to just feed these circuits off of existing Datsun circuits(I'm guessing not). And if so, what do I do about the 3 sensors on the tranny(I'm guessing they're a neutral/safety, reverse light, and speed sensor?).

Also, am I going to need the fuse/relay boxes? I haven't seen anybody's car up close(or paid attention when I did) enough to take notice. I don't want to half-a** this, but I'm having a hell of a time tracking down a 91-94 240sx to get these parts out of.

The electrical parts I need at this point(to the best of my knowledge), are:

-ECU

-Lower Wiring Harness

-MAF

I have the larger Wiring Harness segment that plugs into the Distributor, Fuel Rail, Throttle Body, etc.. but that's it. I'm not sure if there's anything else I need. I'm sure someone here knows EXACTLY what I need, and to whomever you are, thanks in advance.

Cheerio!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic