620 gauge bezel

Braden

I have a 77 620 and I need help getting the gauge bezel off so I can install my tach!! I have removed the radio, the heater controls, the wishiled wiper knob, the cig lighter, and the screws in each gauge hole, what else is holding it in? i cant find anything, it seems like something is holding it right below the spedeometer, anyone know? i dont want to go pulling on anything because i dont have a replacement if i break it, thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 77 620 and I need help getting the gauge bezel off so I can install my tach!! I have removed the radio, the heater controls, the wishiled wiper knob, the cig lighter, and the screws in each gauge hole, what else is holding it in? i cant find anything, it seems like something is holding it right below the spedeometer, anyone know? i dont want to go pulling on anything because i dont have a replacement if i break it, thanks

If Im thinking right there were 2 screws under by the steering column and then there is one behind the radio blank out.....well thats what I remember on mine....also I made my air gauges hold the dash bezel in place too ...made it studier

theres a large philips screw just under the dash that holds the gauge cluster in

One screw inder the dash on the right side of the steering column. If you are installing a factoru tach, it should have a tap on the bottom of it where a second screw will go under the dash on the left of the column.

finally got it out with much trouble on the last screw, i took out the phillips head/ 11mm screws out with ease but there is a phillips screw that goes through the dash frame through the gauges and held the flasher for my turn signals, it was seized in there, finally got it out and it will not be going back in, its funny everyone says the hardest part is removing the cig lighter but that was probably the easiest part for me, and will be even easier next time cause its getting the old anti-seize when it goes back in, thanks again for your help