Help with parts list for CA18DET swap

I am wanting to find out if I am missing anything for this swap...I want the list to be as complete as possible so when I get the crate with my motor and trans i can bolt everything in and fire it up ASAP since it only has a 60 day return. the engine and transmission I will be getting is what they call a "front half", which is a CA18DET with almost everything...ECU,wiring harness, sensors, ect...all that it is missing is the intercooler, charge pipe, fuel pump, and fuel pump wiring harness and the goodies in a 240sx's tank. so this is the stuff I will be getting from a 89-91 240sx donor car, and the new parts for either a 89-91 240sx or for engine stuff for a 89 nissan pulsar with the CA18DE.

*240sx pedal assembly and linkages ect

*240sx clutch master and slave cyl(i hear they get dried out in transit)

*240sx fuel tank and charcoal cannisters

*240sx fuel pump(new, prolly a delphi)

*240sx gauge cluster

*240sx transmission speed sender(so my speedo will read properly)

*timing belt kit(belt,pullys,tensioners,seals),

*new belts, spark plugs, plug wires.

*intercooler and charge piping

I found wiring diagrams for a 240sx swap with a CA18DET, so I know what the wiring colors are for the JDM motor and for the 240sx parts...so I am hopeful that it will all be somewhat straight forward. I have some info on what lines to block off or hook together for the extra charcoal cannister on the JDM s13, but I don't know if that will cause a CEL, so not sure what to do with that.

anyone with knowlege or that has done a CA18DET swap have anything to add to my parts list? anything I am forgetting? thanks in advance for the help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt look good...I just started checking scrap yards today for the parts off of the 240SX I needed...so far, no luck. there apperantly arent alot of 240sx's to be had in the wrecking yards, and the few that are there are gutted.

because I ony have a couple grand to put to a engine and transmission, suddenly everything just got alot more complicated.

untill I have more money to devote to a fuel injected turbo set up, it looks like I am going to have to find a l20b or napz motor and 5 speed to stuff in the 510 so I have a daily driver untill I can get the funds to buy a 240sx so i can do the ca18det swap.

looks like its time for some side drafts and a napz or l20b...

I am wanting to find out if I am missing anything for this swap...I want the list to be as complete as possible so when I get the crate with my motor and trans i can bolt everything in and fire it up ASAP since it only has a 60 day return. the engine and transmission I will be getting is what they call a "front half", which is a CA18DET with almost everything...ECU,wiring harness, sensors, ect...all that it is missing is the intercooler, charge pipe, fuel pump, and fuel pump wiring harness and the goodies in a 240sx's tank. so this is the stuff I will be getting from a 89-91 240sx donor car, and the new parts for either a 89-91 240sx or for engine stuff for a 89 nissan pulsar with the CA18DE.

*240sx pedal assembly and linkages ect

*240sx clutch master and slave cyl(i hear they get dried out in transit)

*240sx fuel tank and charcoal cannisters

*240sx fuel pump(new, prolly a delphi)

*240sx gauge cluster

*240sx transmission speed sender(so my speedo will read properly)

*timing belt kit(belt,pullys,tensioners,seals),

*new belts, spark plugs, plug wires.

*intercooler and charge piping

I found wiring diagrams for a 240sx swap with a CA18DET, so I know what the wiring colors are for the JDM motor and for the 240sx parts...so I am hopeful that it will all be somewhat straight forward. I have some info on what lines to block off or hook together for the extra charcoal cannister on the JDM s13, but I don't know if that will cause a CEL, so not sure what to do with that.

anyone with knowlege or that has done a CA18DET swap have anything to add to my parts list? anything I am forgetting? thanks in advance for the help.

why would you need all this was the car originally an auto? use a 510 clutch master as well as 510 pedals the rest of it i can see using but why fab in parts froma 240sx that are already in the 510

if all you'r tryin to do is get it running so you know if it's good or not, you don't need the s13 speed sensor or cluster. in fact, you might be able to swap the speed gear in the tail of the tranny from the dat to the ca tranny and use the stock dat speedo cable. and since the car is so old you shouldn't have emissions on it so you don't even need the carbon can.

belts off an 88 Pulsar SE(thats the only one that got the cade). it's got coil packs so you don't need to do wires. and build an intake out of black sewer pipe and cuplers from Home Depot. works fine as temporary stuff, my friends and i do it all the time with engine swaps.

if you find an s13 tank, the stock pump(if its in it) will be fine till you mod the engine.