Convoy!!!

zenndog

First off, this is way premature but here is what I am thinking.

I want to drive my L320 up to Santa Cruz. Because my 320 is just not freeway friendly I have been mapping out a back roads route. I think I would have to do a weekend trip. It is a long ass drive done that way and as far as I can tell there are a couple places where I have to go on a stretch of busy roadway. I plan on posting the route soon and asking if any ratsuners along the way have any suggestions, but more importantly, I am thinking that maybe some of you might come out and join me in a little convoy for little stretches along the way. I don't know, does that sound fun? I am talking Ratsun, not just trucks, it would be cool if it was all Datsuns but any thing goes. Maybe a breakfast, lunch, and dinner stop each day. maybe someones favorite bar for a little r&r each night. Los Angeles to Santa Cruz. Convoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0PY_DeLRI

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend in SB takes the 1 up to visit his GF on a regular basis.

very ratsun 69 goon too.

I was thinking sunshine canyon over to simi valley, through Fillmore/santa paula area to the 150 to Ojai, then through the Maricopa valley and coming down into the San Joaquin Valley at Taft and I found a few different options for getting over toward Salinas.

My thought was to avoid major freeways because the L320 tops out around 45-50. I had a thread where other guys were talking about just riding the revs but I have a gut feeling that would just rattle my truck into pieces.

I guess I kind of envisioned a backroads adventure, maybe I am being impractical.

I was thinking sunshine canyon over to simi valley, through Fillmore/santa paula area to the 150 to Ojai, then ...

skip simi and just vibrate down the 126 from the 405.

& stop in ventura for a break ;)

my test drive route is the 150 :D