question about stock relays

hi guys! im getting ready for my ka swap and labeling all the wiring as i take it out (for my own peace of mind) i couldnt figure out what these 3 relays are for.anybody know based on stock location? (the diagrams in the haynes manual are confusing) dont worry wiring is the only thing i dont plan on doin for the build! lol!

theswap005R.jpg

theswap008R.jpg

p.s. excuse the lines, my mouse sucks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

crap I thought you have a 620

best to get a Haynes Manual page 181 before doing a KA swap!!!!!!!! on both cars

#2 is the headlite relay low and high beam

#3 is the horn relay i think

#1 choke relay if this is a 72 model year. If you dont have a stock carb on there anymore it dont matter as its usaully not hooked up If running a manual choke weber DGV or sidedraft carsb or SUs. But the Dime Quarterly has a writup on this.

really why you need to take out the these wires?

Most people use the switchable 12volt wire(blk/wht wire to turn on some relays to power the new harness. the ones that hooks up to the ballast resisitor or to the coil if running a matchbox

Look in the HOW TO SECTION

ballast510_thumb.jpg

o ok! my bad i didnt specify that i had a 510< and i went on that website u recomended and was like huh??? lol! im not getting rid of them, im just taking out the wiring so i can weld up holes and paint the engine bay. (im doing a ka swap) and even tho im not doing the wiring i wana know what everything is b4 it comes out just incase i gotta fix something ya know? i do have a haynes manual but the wiring diagrams are kinda confusing< and the prev. owner had gotten overspray on the majority of wire so there all white! and i cant even go based of color =/. thank you for ur help! i didnt wana pull anything else out till i had that down. .. im really doing my best 2 not b one of those guys who takes car apart and ends up w/ a half a bucket full of bolts when its done! =)