napz24 Vacuum diagram

Zombro

Anyone have a vacuum diagram for the z24 motor or can some one make some notes how I need to run mine to get my truck to Idle right?

I started my 720 with the new motor I put in and it starts up but doesn't idle at all, if I stop gassing it, it cuts off.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the idle cut solenoid. If no power to it there will be no gas to the idle circuit. Have someone turn the ign. on/off/on/off (don't start) You should hear a tick sound at the rear of the carb if working. If no power to it, you could jumper it to the auto choke nearby to get it working.

There is also a fuse for the Idle cut and it may have blown. I can't remember which one (I'll check when I get home to-night) but it would be one of the first 3-4 fuses in from the left hand side of the fues box.

I assume you have a regular Hitachi carb and not the 'electro carb'? The Electrinic Feedback Carburetor has an O2 sensor, an ECU under the pass seat and a wire harness and 6 pin connector to the carb itself. Let me know

They are both Hitachi carbs, sorry. Does it have an oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold??? Does the carb have this connector to it???

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/720%20stuff/Z24electriccarb.jpg[/img]"]Z24electriccarb.jpg

Here's the '84 720 non-Calif. vacuum diagram from my FSM.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/720%20stuff/84720vacuum003Large.jpg[/img]"]84720vacuum003Large.jpg

...and it's the second fuse in that supplies power to the idle cut.

Edited by datzenmike
  • Like 1

Gonna go on this tomorrow for sure til hes running. I think I need a new clutch slave. I might have an old one for the 240sx.

I noticed today that one vacuum hose popped of when removing the air cleaner.

I started him and idled at 2000 then dropped almost died then sat at 1600 and I wasn't sure how long you could run a motor without coolant so I shut him off.

Less then 10 seconds total though, was just gonna see if he would start then idle.

Getting coolant and clutch fluid tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

I joined this site to try and find out about the vacuum system.What is the minimum vacuum lines you can get away with? its a spaghetti nightmare on my 83 720.My truck is a base truck no ac nothing but has had an 89 engine installed before I got it.The previous owner installed new exaust and sounds like and old john deer pop pop tractor another issue plus it has no power I need to start my own thread for these issues but again least amount of vacuum lines??

• 3 months later...
I think it would be very close. Trouble is some late '85s got the next gen Z24i with throttle body injection. If it has a single wing nut holding the air filter on ... you still have the carb and that diagram should work.

When I got to my house, I did some comparing to my truck and the diagram is pretty close. There are quite a few differences but I think I was able to get it hooked up correctly. There are a couple extra sensors in that diagram but they seemed to be tee'd off from existing vacuum lines. I just need to get some gas this evening and give it a try.

• Like 1