620 5 lug swap.....

hey guys

new to posting here..love the forum...

i traded a guy alittle while back a 97 hyundai accent for 79 datsun 620

the truck is in fairly good shape,i have been driving it around for a while and i am ready to start working on it.....the first of many questions i have for you guys is what can i swap in the front for a 5lug...i am going to be using a jag rear end for my build..so i want some kind of 5 for the front...any suggestions...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! We need to see some pics!!

You are going Jag IRS in your truck? Cool! I haven't seen that yet! There are a couple IRS truck builds here. A Miata on and a Supra one. There is also an article on a 510 IRS swap into a truck. The search feature should get you there.

Prolly your easiest way to 5 lugs is to have your hubs redrilled by a machine shop? I think someone here has tried it. Might be worth looking into. Unless you just want to use bolt on adapters?

yeah i was thinking of using a supra rear end..i have a spare laying around,

but i have been wanting to use a jag rear end for awhile on something and this truck seems right...i plan on narrowing the rear to run some super deep rear rims.i am going to bag the truck so the rear setup will work for what i am doing..i don't really want to use adaptors for the front because of off set issues..i was wondering if there was like a front hub from like a 280 or something that i could make work..

also off topic,it won't let me post pics when i post replys...is there a feature i have to turn on?

anyone have pics of 620 with wheel adaptors?

i would consider these wheel lug converters,since i only need them for the front....just want to know how far they stick out...anyone seen one in person

I would just like to say...my 2cents worth...that if your goin all the way to Jag rear end land out back...you might want to do some work in the front too...:blink:

Adaptors are a cheap fix...cheap and poor...poor and weak.:D

I don't know...look into what other cars match the Jag bolt pattern and see what you can do...

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

Very helpful site...for many years!

I would say this too...if you do run an adaptor...it would be easier to run a 5-6 adaptor in the rear since you are already narrowing the rear, you could just add an inch more of the axles for the adaptor width.

I would love to see some pics of the truck as you build it.

I would just like to say...my 2cents worth...that if your goin all the way to Jag rear end land out back...you might want to do some work in the front too...:blink:

Adaptors are a cheap fix...cheap and poor...poor and weak.:D

I don't know...look into what other cars match the Jag bolt pattern and see what you can do...

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

Very helpful site...for many years!

I would say this too...if you do run an adaptor...it would be easier to run a 5-6 adaptor in the rear since you are already narrowing the rear, you could just add an inch more of the axles for the adaptor width.

I would love to see some pics of the truck as you build it.

yeah i know i don't really want adaptors ether,i will be meeting with a friend who knows a good local machine shop and go talk about how they can help...he did something like what i want for some hotrod guys,so i think i will work it out..as far as pics,there will be many,i am pulling the truck into my shop next monday to start tear down..i'll be doing body work first...tomorrow i'm going to a local yard to score a fuse box..yes.....they have a 79 620 they are about to crush...and its got a perfect fuse box.i need it to have tail lights again,then its off to the shop...i will keep everyone posted on pics...