water in the cylinder

jonesy510

hey i finally got my car running but it sucked water into the cylinders i pumped it out as best as i could by turnng the motor and i also sprayed air into the cylinders from were the spark plugs go. there was some water under the valve cover as well and i was wondering is there any particular way to clean up the head?? also is there anything else i should do before i put the valve cover back on and the headers and intake. i am already ordering a new gasket for the intake and header.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you changed the hg you dried the cylinders with a rag? You now have the gasket on and bolted down? Before putting the valve cover on check the valve clearances. Oh yeah... did you check for timing chain stretch?

no no no i never pulled the head. i was wondering if its ok if i dry the head with a towel. the head is still on the block all i did was pull the valve cover, the plugs, intake and head off. I got the water out by pushing air through the motor. i was wondering is there anything else i should do to make sure i have all the water out and wont have that problem again.