New guy here with a 78 620 KC

FNLO620

First off, I'd like to say "what's up to everybody"? This is my first datsun although I have wanted one for a really long time. I have loved the bulletsides ever since the first time that I saw one. I finally got my hands on one and the previous owner told me about this site.

What I've got.....Is a bagged and bodydropped 78 620 KingCab. I have removed the L20 and 4spd and they are gonna be replaced with a built, cammed 305w/a turbo 350 behind it. I have alot of work left ahead of me, and look forward to any help that you all can provide.

Pics below

1237082730.jpg

1237004203.jpg

1237004348.jpg

1237004400.jpg

1237004298.jpg

1234843472.jpg

1234223656.jpg

1234223415.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice truck,i gather the t/gate looks welded shut, or is that an illusion, by the looks of the welds inside the bed, keep up the good work and sooner than u think she will be done.:D

nice truck,i gather the t/gate looks welded shut, or is that an illusion, by the looks of the welds inside the bed, keep up the good work and sooner than u think she will be done.:D

Nope the tailgate is not welded shut, what you are seeing in the pics is the front of the bed... I should be cutting the firewall up this weekend to make room for the 305. I will take plenty of pictures and its gonna be a really tight fit but i'm pretty sure that I'm gonna be able to keep everything under the stock hood even with the traditional bodydrop. I can't wait to get it out on the road.

P.S. if anybody needs some parts, I've got alot of stuff that I don't need. L20motor/4spd trans. 620 cluster and I think that I have a 510 cluster too.

Welcome. Not sure if you need them but there is a few pics of mine that may help you on how and where to cut for the 305 (click the sutterfly link in my sig). There is also a hooker header that will fit the 305 instead of custom making one. My engine is still out so If you need, want anymore pics of a certain angle whatever let me know I will get them for you.

Again Welcome!!!!!!!

Welcome. Not sure if you need them but there is a few pics of mine that may help you on how and where to cut for the 305 (click the sutterfly link in my sig). There is also a hooker header that will fit the 305 instead of custom making one. My engine is still out so If you need, want anymore pics of a certain angle whatever let me know I will get them for you.

Again Welcome!!!!!!!

Any pics that you could provide of the engine compartment would be really helpful. Did you have to do anything with the steering??? Also do you know which header that it is??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any pics that you could provide of the engine compartment would be really helpful. Did you have to do anything with the steering??? Also do you know which header that it is??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>>>>>CLICK HERE>>>>>>http://datsun327620.shutterfly.com/ <<<<<

This is all the pics I have. If you want more I will be going out to finish the motor this week. Let me know.

Hooker Header part Number is #2139 last time I checked it was $522.99 But its a 2 piece design.

There is nothing done to the steering shaft. The header is designed to go around. One port on each side also goes around the frame back to collector. This is why its a 2 piece.

Im 5" off the gound in my truck and I hit the collector all the time. Speed bumps suck....

JUST so you know it may not work for your design you will be real close or touching frame to ground. This header setup will get crushed.

Edited by 72 327