1960 Datsun Truck Trim Options

Zoomer

I recently picked up this 1960 Datsun on a partial trade for one of my hot rods I was selling. Since I love trucks, and the cool little look of these 1960 I decided to take it. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DATSUN, I usually deal with Early V8 (Fords 1932-1950's).

Ok, here is the question! This 1960 Truck has the origianal Driver side view mirror up high on the A pillar of the window frame, but it also has what seems to be an original looking side view mirror on top of the LS front fender as well, with a real nice stainless trim piece that grabs the mirror and drapes down somewhat on the side of the front fender???? I asked the previous owner and he said it could have been an import option. I will post picture of this truck this weekend, since it has not arrived and cars are being swapped this weekend. Anybody know about this, it seems to me these trucks did not come with much trim on them to begin with. I will be looking for (2) original 15" steel wheels for it too.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Datsun that old just might have those fender mirrors. In Japan they had the mirrors on the fenders, but the trucks that came stateside had them on teh doors. But your's is like the third year they were importing them, I think.

Did you check out www.earlydatsun.com

Anyway WELCOME! Can't wait to see the pics of a 60!

Yeah, the truck is exactly like the red one, and it has the side view mirror like the one shown on the A pillar, but mine has another sideview mirror on th left side front fender, and what they did was remove the one up by the windshield. Thanks guy's I will have pics on this one by Saturday evening.