school me on the mikuni

bagged_datsun

well i picked up some solex's for like 40 bucks :lol: and i just want to know more about them the only number's i can find on them are 2110-88251, will need rebuild kits soon for them so if anyone can help out with that lmk,

also i will be looking for a manifold for them, so if you have one hit me up

img066.jpg

img067.jpg

img068.jpg

img071.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same pair. There are a couple phh styles. Solex,solex mikuni and mikuni. I cant find a kit for those to save my life. Any weber,mikuni,dellorto mani will work. Keep checking ebay. That is not a choke but a an enriching valve deal that does bring up the idle and assist warmup but doesnt have a block off plate,same effect though. Mine were from a BMW 2002 and a bit too rich for the L16. They did run good until they fouled me out. Get a synchronizing tool or you are just throwing them on for looks. Make sure you are running an electronic ignition,8mm wires and a hot coil would help and a bigger than stock cam is a must.

i found this and wolfcreekracing about the carbs i haev witch were on a toyota originally

This is the second style of 40PHH, Type T. This unit was OEM for Toyota, hence - Type T, and came on several models that used the 18RG and TTC motors. Uses standard 40PHH kits and parts believe it or not. The Type T jet cover gasket and float adjuster gasket are NLA however. It just looks funky because the Float Chamber Cover is so different. Throttle Butterfly will have 165 stamped on the back of it.

i found this and wolfcreekracing about the carbs i haev witch were on a toyota originally

This is the second style of 40PHH, Type T. This unit was OEM for Toyota, hence - Type T, and came on several models that used the 18RG and TTC motors. Uses standard 40PHH kits and parts believe it or not. The Type T jet cover gasket and float adjuster gasket are NLA however. It just looks funky because the Float Chamber Cover is so different. Throttle Butterfly will have 165 stamped on the back of it.

That explains why I cant find a kit based on the top gaskets. I was planning to get some gasket hole punches and make my own top gaskets.