layedoutb2k's 720

LAYEDOUTB2K

i picked up a new truck last night. its an '86 std cad 2wd 720. the z24 thats under the hood has a blown head gasket but it came with an extra z22 in the bed that has only 45k miles on it. the truck overal is in really good shape. only 1 ding on the door and a couple on top of the tailgate. im going to get it going for a daily driver. i will be selling the 1200 when i get this truck going because i really just need a truck to be able to haul stuff. i traded a fiberglass canopy, a set of z71s, yota front bumper, chrome mazda back bumper and a york for the truck.

this is the only pic i have. the truck is on the trailer so i havent gotten any pics of it besides the one the old owner took. it didnt come with the full moons.

nizmo1.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i started tearing into this today. i got a pair of subaru buckets test fitted and ill have to make back brackets for them. i tore the vinyl floor out because the padding was wet and moldy. luckily only a little surface rust on the floor.

P1040340.jpg

P1040344.jpg

the passenger door just needs to get put back together after i get new clips to hold the window on

P1040342.jpg

P1040341.jpg

P1040343.jpg

i already got the z24 out after these pictures. i have a question though. the z22 that is in the bed came out of i believe an '82 4x4 so obviously im going to have the swap the oilpan, but is there anything else i should worry about?(clutch splines matching, intake manifold regarding emissions, etc.)

edit: i just noticed i had the year of the truck wrong, its actually an '85 but it wouldnt let me edit my first post.

Edited by LAYEDOUTB2K